By visiting our website and/or submitting information, you agree to let us collect and use your Personal Information as described in this Policy. Therefore, before you provide us with any Personal Information, you should read through this Policy in its entirety and understand its terms. We may update the Policy from time to time, so please check it occasionally.
This Policy describes:
- Personal Information We Collect;
- How We Collect Your Personal Information;
- How We Use Your Personal Information;
- How We Review Your Personal Information;
- California Privacy Rights;
- Changes to the Policy;
- Questions About This Policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Savencia collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to any individual or a household (“Personal Information”). Savencia also collects non-Personal Information that cannot be linked or associated with any individual person or household. When non-Personal Information is combined with other information so that it does identify an individual person, we treat that combination as Personal Information. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identifiers such as your first name, last name, alias, unique personal identifier, and/or online identifier.
- Contact Information such as your email address and telephone numbers.
- Marketing and Communications Information such as marketing campaign data, click-throughs, your preferences and consent in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, email and text communications, and your communication preferences.
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information such as internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website and other Savencia platforms.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services, such as statistics regarding the opening and clicking on emails sent by Savencia and activity on the site (pages viewed, products seen etc.).
- Inference Data including inferences drawn from the Personal Information identified above.
Retention. For each of these categories of Personal Information, we will retain the information as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and/or to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before a jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel.
Children’s Privacy. The website and other Savencia platforms are intended for adult use only and is not directed towards children, minors, or anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with any Personal Information. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any Personal Information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at the email address below and to have this Personal Information deleted from our files.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Provide To Us:
Savencia may collect Personal Information from you that you voluntarily provide to us in various ways, including, but not limited to when you:
- Submit an inquiry.
- Otherwise interact with the website.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Automated technologies or interactions.As is true of most websites, we receive and store certain types of Personal Information whenever you interact with us online. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. When you access and use our website from your mobile devices, we receive data from that mobile device. This may include your device ID, location data, IP address and device type.You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We collect Personal Information from various third parties, including those listed below. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information received from third parties is governed by the privacy policies listed on the website where the information was submitted by the user. Third parties may send their own cookies and pixel tags to you, and may collect information and use it in a way inconsistent with this Policy. Please carefully review these third-party privacy policies to understand how your information may be collected, used and disclosed by these third parties.
Third Party Service Providers. We collect Personal Information from service providers including email service providers and social media platforms.
Third Party Advertising Partners. We collect Personal Information received from third party advertising partners, including partners who host and manage various online advertisements and ad platforms. This may be combined with the website analytics data described below.
Google Analytics. We use third party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding our website visitors. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting our website. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles data about website traffic and interactions, which we use to offer better user experiences and tools in the future. For information on how to opt-out from Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting. Some web browsers incorporate a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. At this time, our website does not respond to DNT signals. Other third party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Information
Our primary purpose for collecting Personal Information is to provide customer support that you request when you use the Contact Us page. We may also use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Provide customer support you request.
- Resolve disputes.
- Troubleshoot problems and support.
- Customize, measure and improve our services and content.
- To customize the advertising and content you see.
- To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims.
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements, to prevent fraud, to co-operate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities.
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide/we request your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your Personal Information to third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy and with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in order to provide you with our goods and services and perform any contract we enter into with them or you.
Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain business services and may disclose Personal Information to such service providers as needed for them to perform these business services. Service providers are only allowed to use, disclose or retain the Personal Information to provide these services and are prohibited from selling Personal Information. Business services provided include, but are not limited to, hosting services, communications services, website development services, compliance services, quality control services, analytics services, call center services, and marketing services.
The information collected on this website is hosted by Linkbynet. Linkbynet is a hosting provider established in the European Union and therefore complies with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Linkbynet has settled its own data protection standards that you can access and benefit from: here https://www.linkbynet.com/privacy-policy#.
Internal Third Parties. We may disclose Personal Information to our parent company, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners and others, including where disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or shareholders of Savencia who may use the Personal Information for the purposes described above.
Categories of Personal Information that have been disclosed for a business purpose in the past twelve months include:
- Contact Information
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- Usage Data
- Inference Data
Business Transactions. We may do business with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your Personal Information in the same way as set out in this Policy.
Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Personal Information Sold or Shared. We have not sold any Personal Information in the past twelve months. We have shared Personal Information in the past twelve months with our third party advertising partners to serve ads to you about our products and services as you browse the Internet. “Sharing” is defined under California privacy law as “renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s Personal Information by the business to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration, including transactions between a business and a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising for the benefit of a business in which no money is exchanged.” This sharing means that these third-party service providers may use their own cookies or tags to track your online activities and purchases in order to deliver targeted advertising based on your interests. You can opt of sharing through the Do Not Share My Personal Information link. Additionally, if your browser supports it, you can turn on the Global Privacy Control (GPC) to opt-out of the “sharing” of your Personal Information. Learn more at the Global Privacy Control website. Savencia has no actual knowledge of any sales of Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Upon verification of your identity you may:
- No more than twice in any 12-month period, request disclosure of the following information:
- Categories of Personal Information we collect.
- Categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected.
- Categories of Personal Information sold or disclosed to third parties.
- Categories of third parties with whom such Personal Information is sold or disclosed.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting, sharing, or selling Personal Information.
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we collect.
- Request deletion of your Personal Information, subject to the exceptions provided by law.
- Request to correct inaccurate Personal Information.
- Opt-out from having your Personal Information sold to or shared with third parties, if applicable.
- Limit use and disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information for any purpose other than the pre-approved business purposes identified in the privacy law if we process any such information, which we currently do not.
Requests to know or delete can be submitted my calling our toll-free number +1 800 322 2743 or completing our online form. . You can opt out of having your Personal Information sold to third parties by clicking on the “Do Not Share My Personal Information” link. Additionally, when we detect a GPC signal from a user’s browser within California, we stop sharing the user’s Personal Information. You can learn more about the GPC and how to enable it in your browser from the Global Privacy Control website.
Please note that these rights apply only to California consumers, job applicants, employees, and business contacts. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Except where you have provided an agent with a Power of Attorney pursuant to Sections 4000 – 4465 of the California Probate Code, when using an authorized agent you must: (1) provide the agent with signed permission clearly describing their authority to make a request on your behalf; (ii) verify your own identity; and (iii) directly confirm that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. That agent must also be able to verify their identity with us and provide us with their authority to act on your behalf.
The verifiable consumer request initiated by you or your authorized agent must:
- Include your full legal name, email, and phone number, which we will need to contact you in order to verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. One of our representatives will contact you in order to verify your identity. You may need to provide additional information in order to verify your request, such as personal ID. Depending on the nature of the request, we may require additional verification actions be taken, including but not limited to providing a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Personal Data is the subject of the request. We will only use this information to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a product or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
The CCPA provides the right to be free from discrimination if you choose to exercise your rights under the statute, and we will not discriminate by:
- Denying you products or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for products or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level or quality of products or services.
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for products or services or a different level or quality of products or services.
Other California Privacy Rights. California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third party companies or individuals that Savencia has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting us at the address below.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Savencia may modify or update this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to revisit this page often to remain fully informed of our Policy or you can contact us at any time to obtain the latest copy of this Policy.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
For questions or comments regarding our Policy, you should contact us by using the Contact Us form. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Savencia Cheese USA LLC
Attn: Customer Service
400 South Custer Avenue
New Holland, PA 17557
Effective: January 1, 2023
Last Updated: May 31, 2023