Brie Toasts With Pear And Chocolate Wine Sauce
½ Cup Red Wine
4 Tbsp. Sugar
2 Tbsp. Chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
1 French Baguette, sliced into 40 slices
1 Package Alouette Double Creme Brie (13.2 oz.)
4 Tbsp. Almonds, finely chopped
¼ tsp. Allspice
2 Pears, peeled and finely diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine wine and sugar in a saucepan and reduce over medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in the chocolate to blend and set aside.
4. Brush bread slices with olive oil and broil until golden brown on both sides. Cool.
5. Cut Alouette Brie into 4 quarters. Cut each quarter into 10 slices. Lay the slices on a chilled plate.
6. In a small skillet, over medium heat, toss the chopped almonds until golden brown.
7. Remove from heat, add allspice, and blend. Set aside to cool.
8. Peel and finely dice pears.
1. Place the French bread slices on a cookie sheet. Spread a ½ tsp. of the chocolate wine sauce on each slice.
2. Divide the minced pear equally among the slices.
3. Lay a slice of Alouette Brie on top of each “crouton” and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
4. Heat in oven for 5 minutes.